Updated September 2016
Glass Community Association Event Calendar for 2016
- Saturday 27th February Family Bingo night 6.30 for 7pm Glass Hall
- Saturday 19th March Curry night Sunday 27th March Easter service 7am in Glass Church
- Friday/Saturday 29/30th April See Through Productions- ‘Convivial Pursuits … a comedy.’
- Tuesday 3rd May SWI Aurora Choir 7.30pm all welcome
- Thursday 5th May Scottish Government Elections
- Sunday 29th May Soup & Sweet with plant sale 12.30 until 2.30pm
- Sunday 19th June Sponsored walk and BBQ – Update!
- Our Sponsored walk raised an amazing £1551.00, so many thanks to all who walked or sponsored the walkers; it was a great walk back to the hall where we had a lovely BBQ. We will donate £250.00 to Networks of Wellbeing, a Huntly based support group that supports people in improving their mental health and wellbeing.
- Sunday 3rd July Open Gardens in Glass
- Sunday 21st August Duck race and competition – Update!
- The Duck Race and leisure hunt results was another great day with a terrific crowd turning up for the duck race, tea and cakes. £609 was raised from the day, these funds will be retained by the hall for upkeep, insurance and general repairs.
- Thursday 1st September SWI begins 7.30pm Glass Hall
- Saturday 3rd September Aswanley Horse Trails, Community serve Tea/Coffee
- Aswanley Horse Trials was a great success on Saturday, the sun shone on the many horses and their riders competing. It was great to see the event happening after previous year’s rain cancellations. We in the community had a super afternoon at tea and cakes and we wish to thank all who baked for us, we really do appreciate all those lovely treats to sell.
- Saturday 24th September Glass Quiz 7.30pm Glass Hall
- Saturday 8th October Stewarts Hall coffee morning 10.00 to 11.45am Huntly
- We shall have the coffee morning on Saturday the 8th of October at the Stewarts Hall Huntly and we will be delighted to have donations once again. We have a raffle – please leave all donations unwrapped; and, we have a bottle stall and a home bakes sales table – items for the home baking should be wrapped and ready to sell please. Donations can be delivered on the Saturday morning before 9.30am – for more details please contact us by clicking here
- We are delighted with donations, however we are just as delighted to see you come along for a news and enjoy your morning coffee and a buttery, from 10am until 11.30am.
- Tuesday 18th October Bowling begins 7pm Glass Hall Every Tuesday until end March
- Sunday 30th October Craft Group 2 to 4pm, then first and third Sunday of month
- Wednesday 26th October Badminton begins 8pm Glass Hall every Wednesday until March
- Sunday 13th November Remembrance service with soup & sweet 12.45 to 2pm Glass Hall
- Saturday 26th November – Free Event ( BYOB )
St Andrews Night Family Ceilidh with the Strathspey Fiddlers
- Sunday 18th December Carol singing around Glass 5.30pm depart Glass Hall
- Saturday 24th December Christmas Eve service 6pm
- Saturday 31st December Hogmanay Party
- Saturday January Adult Talent show
- Sunday January/February Children’s Talent show
Further 2016 Events and News ….
Bowling and badminton have equipment and are delighted to see new members!
Craft Sundays are:
- Sunday 30th October
- 6 th/20th November
- 4th /18th December
- 8 th /22nd January
- 5th /19th February
- 5th /19th March 2017.
- These are all in Glass Hall.
Drama group meet regularly and then more frequently before performances, to find out more please do email and I shall pass on your details to the drama group.
There is a mothers and toddler group that meet in the school every Tuesday afternoon 1.30 -3pm during term time, please call Glass School for more details.
We have now submitted Hall plans so we will be raising most of our money for hall funds; however, we shall continue to support a local charity from the sponsored walk and the Christmas Carols as we have in the past. We are very grateful to everyone for their continued support of all Glass events and we hope you continue to enjoy all that is offered. If you have a group you would like to start, or indeed a member of a group that would like to use Glass Hall, do get in touch, there are spaces for new groups. It will be tremendous if we can get a youth club running again and the committee will be supportive of anyone wishing to establish such a group. If you interested in supporting a youth club, or will like to help, please do get in touch; it’s great having the youngsters and families around the hall.
If you don’t already receive emails from your Community Association, please take a moment to provide your email address by contacting me here Please be assured that your Community Association only use your emails to update you about Glass and associated news, communicating with everyone in the community quickly and at no expense. Please be assured that your email address is not disclosed to anyone at any time and you can unsubscribe your email at any time.
A big thank you from the Glass Community Association Committee.