A prominent farmer of Delhi township, was born in 1837 in the Parish of Glass, Scotland, son of John and Jane Stronach. The father, a Scotch farmer was born in 1812 and died in the fall of 1875, the mother died in 1849., both parents having spent their lives in Scotland. George was the eldest of twelve children and came to America in the Spring of 1869 and spent the next six years in Wabasha county. In April 1875, he came to Redwood county and purchased 160 acres in section 20, Delhi township. This land was wild and uncultivated and here he engaged in farming with his team of oxen. He erected a one room frame house 14 by 16 feet, which several years later was replaced by a larger house and in 1914 he build the present home of eight rooms. The first barn was a rude-straw-covered structure. For four years he farmed with his oxen before he was able to secure a team of horses. In 1878 he planted a grove of cottonwood and box-elder trees which now surround the house on two sides. Mr Stronach is a member of the Republican party and has taken active interest in the affairs of his community. He was president of the school board for district 18 from 1875 to 1881 and its clerk for three years at a later period. In 1876 he was township supervisor, the township being organised that year. From 1877 to 1880 he was township treasurer and from 1880 to 1886 was chairman of the township board. From 1886 to 1888 he served as township assessor. He is a member of the I.O.O.F. lodge at Delhi and he and his family are faithful members of the Presbyterian church. Mr Stronach was married in 1881 to Hannah McLennan who was born in Nova Scotia of Scottish parents. They had four children – three who reside at home the fourth has for the past seven years served in the Second Cavalry, United States army.