On Sunday 8th June a total of 34 walkers set out, in fine weather, for the Glass Sponsored Walk 2014.
The route started at a public car park near Coynachie and finished – a few hours later – at Glass Hall, where the walkers were served a delicious BBQ alongside home bakes, chocolates and a range of refreshing drinks!
Here are the walkers gathered at the start. ( click on the image for a larger version)
Along the route we had some fine views. We stopped for some lunch too!
Photos courtesy of Gerry Anderson
Below some GPS Information kindly provided by Ted Andrews.
- Duration: 3hours 57 minutes
- Distance: 9.02 miles (including all the ups and downs)
- Average speed: 2.3 mph
- We climbed 1100 feet but ups and downs totalled over 4000 feet each
- And the calorie news: – we burnt off about 2150 calories (before the beer, chocolate, burgers at Glass Hall!)
- You can see the route (and some photos taken along the way) by clicking here.
- Tip: When the webpage opens click on the “play” button ( top left of the screen) as shown circled in red below:
- You can use the Zoom ( + or – ) feature, on the left hand side of the map, to zoom in closer to get a better view of the map.
An update on the monies raised by the walkers will be made in a future post.